The Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) is a federally-funded program that provides for a one-time vendor payment to help eligible households pay their heating bills.
Households including a person aged 60 or older or disabled persons receiving services through the NC Division of Aging and Adult Services are eligible to sign up for assistance from Dec. 1 – 31. All other households may apply from Jan. 1 – March 31 or until funds are exhausted.
Families that meet all of the following:may be eligible:
- Household must meet an income test.
- Household must be responsible for its heating bills.
- Household cannot have resources over $2,250.
- Household must include a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Priority in eligibility is given to disabled persons receiving services through the Division of Aging and Adult Services or households containing a person age 60 and above during the month of December.
For more information, please read the documents below: