Overseeing and managing the financial operations of Yancey County Government is the primary function of the Finance Office.
The office provides a wide range of services including:
- all aspects of payroll for its employees
- implementation of personnel policies and procedures for all employees
- accounts payable and receivable for all goods and services and reimbursements
- grants management
- creating and maintaining proper purchasing procedures
- maintaining capital assets records and overseeing proper disposal of assets
- managing cash flows and properly investing resources
- providing for property and casualty insurance coverage
- providing for an annual independent audit
- providing oversight and assistance to all Department Heads for financial operations
- providing assistance to the County Manager in all financial operations
- and providing full periodic updates to the governing body regarding the financial condition of the County.
The overarching and greatest responsibility of the Finance Office is assisting with the preparation of the annual budget and the continual monitoring of that budget throughout the year.