Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
Our Emergency Medical Services objective is to provide quality, efficient, and professional emergency services to the citizens and visitors of Yancey County, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In Emergency Medical Services, all personnel must be trained to handle a variety of emergency situations. Countless hours are spent each year in training insuring that the citizen of Yancey County are cared for in the upmost professionally and as compassionately as possible.
- Our paramedic staff are OEMS Certified.
- Yancey County runs two paramedic team in each EMS Unit.
- Our team consists of 25 paramedics.
- Yancey County is running 3 – 24-hour trucks.
- Yancey County responds to 4200 calls per year with 3 – 24-hour trucks.
Critical technical skills that our EMS personnel possess and include:
- Basic Life Support
- Advance Life Support
- Pediatric Advance Life Support
- International Trauma Life Support
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) procedures and operations
Currently our paramedic personnel are trained and able to perform the following skills:
- 12 Lead ECG interpretation
- Intraosseous Access
- Blood Glucose Analysis
- Intravenous Access
- Cardiac Defibrillation
- Drug Assisted Airway
- Central Venous Catheter Access
- Nebulizer Inhalation Therapy
- Chest Needle Decompression
- Needle and Surgical Cricothyrotomy
- Oral Tracheal Intubation
- External Cardiac Pacing
- Synchronized Cardioversion
- Oral/Nasogastric Tube Insertion