Yancey County Community Paramedic Program
The Community Paramedic program is designed to bridge the gap between access to primary care services and the needs of the community. Community Paramedicine is a new concept in healthcare delivery and differs in the traditional role of a paramedic on an ambulance in the 911 setting. The Community Paramedic operates in an expanded role, bridging health care gaps and improving access with home visits while decreasing healthcare costs.
A message from the Community Paramedic, Evan Carroll:
Serving Madison County on a 911 truck for the last seven years after obtaining my Associates Degree in Emergency Medical Science, I have transitioned to a new role in Yancey County as a Community Paramedic. Born and raised in Yancey County, I am excited to be able to deliver care at home in my community. The community paramedic role provides a service that can impact many lives within our community and I look forward to caring for community members as the new Community Paramedic in Yancey County.
The Community Paramedic Program will be providing the following services:
- Fall Risk Assessment
- Home Safety Assessment
- CO/Smoke Detector Inspection
- Hypertension Follow Up
- 72hr Opioid Misuse Follow up
- Physical Assessment
- Vital Signs Assessment
- Blood Glucose Assessment
- Medication Compliance
- 12 Lead/ 15 Lead ECG
- Influenza Vaccination
- Education/ Review of Care Plan
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- COVID-19 Testing
- Blood Draw
For Healthcare Providers:
- Download and fill out the Referral Form below
- Please include a discharge note or most recent chart notes to assist the Community Paramedic in preparing for the appointment.
- Please contact the patient and inform them of the referral so they will be expecting our phone call.
- If the visit reveals anything urgent, the referring provider will be contacted otherwise a summary letter will be faxed to the requesting provider’s office.